Easy Ways to Add Green Value to Your Home
Many home buyers are looking for and recognize the long term value of environmentally friendly homes. By taking steps to make your home more "green," you will also add to the resale value and make your home more desirable to potential future buyers.
Here are some easier ways to add "green" value to your home.
- Buy Energy Star rated appliances & lighting
- Add a recycling center to your kitchen, mudroom or garage
- Use low-maintenance recycled products for your next project such as a deck
- Consider more sustainable flooring options such as bamboo or cork
- Improve your insulation and replace or repair older windows and doors
- Plant more trees for cooling shade and curb appeal