JANUARY HOME CARE
Do you want to make sure you're taking proper care of your home? Here are some simple steps we recommend home owner's to follow in the month of January.
You can keep your home in top shape with simple tasks throughout the year. This month, be sure to:
1. Check attic for birds, squirrels, raccoons, etc. With the colder weather, these animals are more likely to find ways to sneak into your home and possibly chew through wires or other valuable items.
2. Pour 1 gallon of water down unused drains. Make sure all of your drains are in good working shape.
3. Clean your refrigerator. Take all of your food and drinks out the refrigerator and clean all of the panels and shelves. There might have been some container leaks of which you were unaware. Throw out any expired condiments while you're going through where to put back your food.
4. Inspect dishwasher for leaks. Pull out your dishwasher and give the floor a nice mopping. By doing this, you'll also be able to tell if there are any leaks in your dishwasher.
5. Check operation of water and sump pump.
6. Have air ducts cleaned.
7. Service kitchen disposal by grinding several cups of ice cubes.