May Home Care Tips
You can keep your home in top shape with simple tasks throughout the year.
This month, be sure to:
- Check all decks, patios, porches, stairs and railings for loose members and deterioration.
- Check plumbing shut-off valves. Ensure that they turn off and on freely.
- Service your kitchen disposal by grinding several cups of ice cubes.
- Check vents, louvers and chimneys for bird nests and squirrels.
- Check your sprinkler system for leaky valves and exposed lines.
- Inspect your home's exterior siding for mildew. Scrub off as necessary.
- Check your air conditioning unit and have it serviced before summer temperatures arrive.