It's always a great idea to spread out your home maintenance in a month by month plan to be sure everything in your home is working properly!
For this month of May we recommend these steps:
• Check all decks, patios, porches, stairs and railings for loose members and deterioration.
• Check plumbing shut-off valves. Ensure that they turn off and on freely.
• Service your kitchen disposal by grinding several cups of ice cubes.
• Check vents, louvers and chimneys for bird nests and squirrels.
• Check your sprinkler system for leaky valves and exposed lines.
• Inspect your home's exterior siding for mildew. Scrub off as necessary.
• Check your air conditioning unit and have it serviced before summer temperatures arrive.
By taking preventative measures and making sure things in your home are in proper working condition on a month to month basis, you are able to plan better to replace/repair things before they break.