Villa Hills, KY
Welcome to Villa Hills, Kentucky
Villa Hills, a residential city in northern Kenton Co. is bordered by the Ohio River and Bromley on the north, by Erlanger and Boone Co. on the west, and by Crescent Springs on the south and east. It was incorporated as a sixth class city in 1962.
The first known permanent settlers arrived in about 1785. Robert McKay, his wife, and seven children traveled from Frederick Co. Va. to settle on land that was deeded to him for service in the Revolutionary War. His land was bounded by the Ohio River, Dry Creek, and Pleasant Run Creek. It is believed that the McKays owned around 3,000 acres. In 1825, the granddaughter of Robert McKay married Charles W. Scott and was deeded about 300 acres. In 1843 the Scotts began construction of a two-story white brick house that stood until 2004 on Highwater Rd. overlooking the Ohio River. The Scott home place had been continuously occupied by family members from 1843-2004.