The Gamel Team is Smart Home Certified!
The Gamel Team has been trained to promote your home as a seller who has invested in smart home technology.
If you are a buyer, then we possess the training to explain what devices are installed and how to work towards getting them to convey when you purchase the home.
While helping Sellers we have the advantage of promoting a smart home on CNET.com, ColdwellBanker.com and using a variety of innovative techniques to make your home competitive among the many other homes on the market.
What is a Smart Home
Smart Homes are the next big trend in Real Estate!
A Smart Home is a home that is equipped with network-connected products via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. for controlling, automating and optimizing functions such as temperature, lighting, security, safety or entertainment, either remotely by a phone, tablet, computer or a separate system within the home itself.
“Gone are the days of simply updating kitchens and bathrooms to attract home buyers,” said Sean Blankenship, chief marketing officer for Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. “We have officially entered a realm where smart-staging is the new way of doing business. It’s a complete shift from the previous thinking about what constitutes a move-in ready home, and one that will forever change the way real estate professionals view prepping a home for sale.”
A Smart Home Must Have:
- Internet connection AND
- Smart Security (like Alarm.com or August locks) OR Smart Temperature (like Nest)
And At Least Two Additional Features from this List:
- Lighting (smart light bulbs and lighting systems)
- Safety (smart fire / carbon monoxide detectors and nightlights)
- Entertainment (smart TVs and TV streaming services)
- Appliances (smart refrigerators and smart washer / dryers)
- Heating / Cooling (smart HVAC system, smart fans or vents)
- Outdoors (smart plant sensors and watering systems)
- Security (smart locks, smart alarm systems or cameras)
- Temperature (smart thermostats)
- Buyers are more likely to consider a Smart Home Move-In Ready
- An older home is considered "Updated" if it has Smart Home Technology
- More buyers consider a Smart Home to be move-in ready as compared to new construction
- Smart Home Technology is a Major Selling Point
Buying a Smart Home
If you're looking to buy a Smart Home, Coldwell Banker uses the following logo on their Smart listings to make it identifiable for buyers.